Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Many Reasons To Be Thankful

I spent the night with my brother Dan, Suzy and Carson last night. We left Rockledge at 5:30 am this morning, to take Carson to have a test at Scottish Rite in Atlanta at 8.30 this morning. Carson was pronounced in excellent shape. The subject of my blog came up, and Dan mentioned that I had not told anything bad on myself.

          "What are you talking about?" I asked.
          "Well, for starters, how about when you got drunk on that family cruise and got  locked outside your
           room naked?" Dan said.
          "Gosh, Dan, you sound like you have never been locked outside naked"
          " I haven't" Dan replied
          "Well, now you have something to look forward to you, don't you? Besides, that was over 3 years
            ago, and I didn't think it was that big of a deal." I said.
          "That cabin boy saw you, and so did Ted".
          "I'm not concerned about Ted seeing me naked, and it's not like I'm going to run into that cabin boy
           at the Piggly Wiggly. I also vaguely remember being covered up with a towel."
          "It was small towel, not a full size one" He said.
          "It's not my fault that I was woefully over served, and I told you at the time to go whip that bartender's
           ass and defend my honor"

I suppose I should be thankful that Dan did come up, and find me locked outside in the hall, wrapped up in a very small towel. If that had happened at the Walmart in Dublin, I might have gotten a little out of whack. My theory is, if you are going to be over served by a bartender, and possibly, find yourself locked out of your room naked, the best case scenario is to be out of town, among family and complete strangers. I didn't see the big deal then, and I certainly don't see it now.  However, if it will make my baby brother feel better for me to tell this, so be it.

I think we had 26 family members with us.  The next morning at breakfast, the entire group knew of my
little episode.  Naturally, Dan was the first one down, so he could tell the rest of the family. Telephone, Telegraph or Tell a Graham................We just cannot help it..


  Best Wishes for a Wonderful Thanksgiving. Family and Friends make our lives fuller.


Claudia




        

1 comment:

  1. Omg Claudia I have just read your blog for the first time. I have laughed so hard. I think some of that Dan weird rubbed off on his bff my brother. No need to worry we graham girls can handle them. Love you and thanks for making my day. P.s. weird brother also doesn't facebook or go on the web at all for that matter so I think after lunch tomorrow I will have to pull out the laptop and have a few laughs with my package of graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete